Apple crumble is a classic dessert that is loved by many. It consists of sliced apples that are baked with a topping made from flour, sugar, butter, and cinnamon. The topping becomes crispy and golden brown while the apples underneath become soft and tender. Apple crumble is often served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream on top, making it a warm and comforting dessert that is perfect for autumn or winter.
- 6 medium-sized apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sliced apples, lemon juice, granulated sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix well.
- Pour the apple mixture into a 9-inch baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the butter, flour, oats, brown sugar, and salt until it becomes crumbly.
- Spread the crumble mixture evenly over the top of the apples.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the apples are tender.
- Let the apple crumble cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Enjoy your delicious apple crumble with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream on top!