Aquafaba chocolate mousse is a popular vegan dessert that uses the liquid from a can of chickpeas as a substitute for egg whites. This ingenious idea has taken the vegan world by storm and has revolutionized the way people think about dessert. The aquafaba creates a light and fluffy texture that is perfect for creating mousses, pavlovas, and even macarons. When combined with rich, velvety chocolate, this mousse is the ultimate indulgence for anyone looking for a vegan-friendly dessert option.
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained (save the liquid)
- 1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips until smooth.
- Remove from heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the aquafaba (the liquid from the chickpea can) and beat with an electric mixer until it forms soft peaks.
- Slowly pour in the maple syrup and continue beating until it forms stiff peaks.
- Add the vanilla extract and a pinch of sea salt and mix again.
- Using a spatula, gently fold in the melted chocolate into the aquafaba mixture until fully combined.
- Transfer the mixture into individual serving dishes and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Top with your favorite toppings, such as raspberries or crushed nuts.
Enjoy your rich and indulgent vegan chocolate mousse made with the surprising ingredient of aquafaba!