Bruschetta is a classic Italian appetizer that is easy to make and perfect for any occasion. Here’s a simple recipe that will make a delicious and fresh bruschetta.
- 6-8 slices of Italian bread
- 3-4 medium-sized tomatoes
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Slice the Italian bread into 1/2 inch thick slices and place them on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle the bread slices with olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Bake the bread slices for about 10-12 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Meanwhile, dice the tomatoes into small pieces and place them in a mixing bowl.
- Add the chopped onion, minced garlic, and chopped basil to the bowl with the tomatoes.
- Drizzle the mixture with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Mix the tomato mixture well and let it sit for a few minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Once the bread is toasted, remove it from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Spoon the tomato mixture over the bread slices and serve immediately.
This recipe is easy to customize by adding different herbs, cheeses, or toppings to suit your taste preferences. Bruschetta is a versatile and delicious appetizer that is sure to impress your guests.