Pumpkin soup is a comforting and delicious dish that can be enjoyed all year round. Made with fresh pumpkin, this recipe is perfect for a cozy night in or as an appetizer at your next dinner party.
- 1 large pumpkin (about 4-5 lbs), peeled and diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: croutons, pumpkin seeds, chopped chives
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until soft and translucent.
- Add the diced pumpkin to the pot and stir to combine. Sauté for a few minutes until the pumpkin starts to soften.
- Pour in the chicken or vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer until the pumpkin is tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender or a regular blender, puree the soup until smooth.
- Return the soup to the pot and stir in the heavy cream. Heat over low heat until the soup is warmed through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot, with your choice of toppings. Enjoy!