Burritos are a popular Mexican dish consisting of a flour tortilla wrapped around a filling of beans, rice, meat, and other ingredients such as cheese, lettuce, and salsa. The dish can be customized to personal preferences, with a variety of fillings and toppings available. Burritos are often enjoyed as a hearty and filling meal, and can be a great option for a quick and easy lunch or dinner.
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8-10 flour tortillas
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef or turkey over medium heat until browned. Drain any excess fat.
- Add the black beans, red and green bell peppers, and onion to the skillet. Stir in the chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Cook for 5-7 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the flour tortillas on a baking sheet. Spoon the meat and vegetable mixture onto the center of each tortilla. Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over the top.
- Fold the sides of the tortilla in, then roll it up from the bottom.
- Bake the burritos in the oven for 10-12 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is slightly crispy.
- Serve the burritos hot, topped with salsa, sour cream, and guacamole.
Enjoy these delicious and easy-to-make burritos for your next Mexican-themed meal or anytime you’re in the mood for some comfort food!