This one-pot dish is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner that’s both hearty and satisfying. The creamy Alfredo sauce is loaded with chicken and mushrooms, making it a crowd-pleaser for both kids and adults.
Serves 4 people.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz fettuccine pasta
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 5-7 minutes until browned on all sides.
- Add the onion, garlic, and mushrooms to the pot and cook for another 3-4 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the fettuccine pasta to the pot, along with the chicken broth, heavy cream, dried thyme, salt, and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover the pot.
- Let the mixture simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Once the pasta is cooked, remove the pot from the heat and stir in the grated Parmesan cheese until melted and well combined.
- Serve the chicken and mushroom fettuccine Alfredo hot, garnished with fresh parsley if desired.