One-pot chicken and rice is a comforting and satisfying dish that is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner. This recipe typically consists of boneless chicken, rice, and vegetables that are cooked together in a single pot, infusing the flavors of each ingredient. The beauty of this dish lies in its simplicity and convenience – it requires minimal prep and only one pot, reducing the amount of cleanup needed. Additionally, the versatility of the recipe allows for endless variations, making it a family-friendly meal that can be tailored to personal tastes. Overall, one-pot chicken and rice is a delicious and comforting dish that is sure to become a household favorite.
Serves 4 people.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Olive oil
- Heat some olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 5-7 minutes until browned on all sides.
- Add the onion, garlic, and bell peppers to the pot and cook for another 3-4 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the uncooked rice, chicken broth, black beans, diced tomatoes, chili powder, and cumin to the pot. Stir well to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and cover the pot. Let the mixture simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the rice is cooked and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Once the rice is cooked, remove the pot from the heat and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and serve hot.
Enjoy your delicious and easy one pot meal! You can also garnish it with chopped cilantro, shredded cheese, and/or sliced avocado if desired.