This one-pot fajita dish is a flavorful and satisfying meal that’s perfect for busy weeknights when you want something easy and delicious. The chicken and vegetables are seasoned with spicy fajita seasoning and cooked together with the rice, making it a complete meal all in one pot. Serve with your favorite toppings like sour cream, shredded cheese, and fresh cilantro for a delicious dinner that everyone will love.
Serves 4-6 people.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 yellow onion, sliced into strips
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fajita seasoning
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken strips to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes until browned on all sides.
- Add the sliced bell peppers, onion, garlic, and jalapeno pepper (if using) to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle the fajita seasoning over the chicken and vegetables, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the diced tomatoes with their juices over the top of the chicken and vegetables.
- Add the rice and chicken broth to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low and cover the skillet with a lid.
- Cook for 18-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Serve the fajita mixture hot with lime wedges on the side, or serve wrapped in tortillas.