This one-pot lasagna is a quick and easy way to satisfy your cravings for classic Italian flavors without all the fuss of traditional lasagna. The tender noodles, meaty sauce, and gooey cheese make for a comforting and satisfying meal that’s perfect for any night of the week.
Serves 4-6 people.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz lasagna noodles, broken into pieces
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, cook the ground beef over medium-high heat until browned and cooked through.
- Add the chopped onion and garlic to the pot and cook for another 3-4 minutes until the onion is soft.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, dried basil, dried oregano, salt, and pepper to the pot. Stir well to combine.
- Add the broken lasagna noodles to the pot, along with the water. Stir well to coat the noodles in the sauce.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover the pot.
- Let the mixture simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the noodles are cooked and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Once the noodles are cooked, sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese and grated Parmesan cheese over the top of the lasagna. Cover the pot and let it sit for 5 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve hot.