This one-pot spaghetti Bolognese is a classic comfort food dish that’s easy to make and perfect for a cozy night in. The pasta cooks directly in the sauce, absorbing all the flavors and creating a deliciously hearty meal.
Serves 4 people.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz spaghetti
- 4 cups water
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef or turkey and cook for 5-7 minutes until browned, breaking it up into small pieces as it cooks.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pot and cook for another 3-4 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, dried basil, dried oregano, salt, and pepper to the pot. Stir well to combine.
- Break the spaghetti in half and add it to the pot, along with 4 cups of water. Stir well to submerge the spaghetti in the sauce.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover the pot.
- Let the mixture simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the spaghetti is cooked and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Once the spaghetti is cooked, remove the pot from the heat and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve the spaghetti Bolognese hot, garnished with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.