Here is a recipe for a delicious and healthy leafy green salad that is easy to make and perfect for any occasion:
- 6 cups mixed leafy greens (spinach, kale, arugula, etc.)
- 1 large cucumber, sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Begin by washing and drying the mixed leafy greens. Place them in a large salad bowl.
- Add the sliced cucumber, diced avocado, and thinly sliced red onion to the bowl.
- Sprinkle the chopped walnuts and crumbled feta cheese over the top of the salad.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad, and toss everything together until the salad is evenly coated.
- Serve immediately and enjoy your delicious and healthy leafy green salad!
Note: You can customize this recipe by adding other vegetables or toppings of your choice, such as cherry tomatoes, roasted sweet potato, or grilled chicken.